Author Topic: Easy Auction Tracker replacement  (Read 19588 times)

Ozarkdadd

• View Profile
Easy Auction Tracker replacement
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:20:32 am »
So I have been using EAT for eBay my bookkeeping and they are ceasing service next year. MyCostPro seems to be the closest thing to EAT. MyReselling Genie seems to complex for my needs. Anyone have experience with other programs(myreseller genie, godaddy, quickbooks, others) and can offer advice on where to go? Your experience with MyCostPro?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:00:16 pm by Ozarkdadd »

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Easy Auction Tracker replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 08:09:54 pm »
I am a bit biased so I will just say that I recommend trying it out (the free trial is fully functional), and I am here to answer any questions if run into them.

Looking forward to hearing from other people who have used multiple platforms as well though!

P.S.
Also note that the ebay godaddy bookkeeping service has ended as well this past June.

william_b_noble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 09:02:05 pm »
I too am considering this program to replace EAT and also Go-Daddy.  The latter met my needs, EAT was very marginal at best

will there be a import script for the GoDaddy saved information? how about EAT?  I also tried QuickBooks and found it unmanagable with multiple duplicate entries, both EAT and GoDaddy required more hours to manage than it would take me to extract the required tax data manually. 

in my case, I sell surplus and estate items as a hobby - the volume is enough that I have to file tax returns, but the concept of inventory when every item is unique just doesn't make sense, except as a way to help me to remember where I stored something while waiting for it to sell - that I do by just writing the info into the auction listing itself.  But I do occasionally sell items directly to buyers through paypal, and I pay business expenses through paypal.

So, what matters to me is import scripts, and paypal integration 

do you have plans for either?

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 09:20:42 pm »
Import scripts would be possible, I would just need to see the files that need to be imported from... but we do not have any functionality or plans to add such to gather payPal sales data outside of eBay sales at this time.

Grammam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 08:55:43 am »
I am also a former EAT customer who tried My Reseller Genie.  MRG was much more than I needed or wanted (small eBay store).  MyCostPro seems very similar to EAT type of file and has some additional percs.  Scott is very responsive to tech issues.  Looking forward to 2023 with MyCostPro!

jrr6415sun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 10:12:34 pm »
I am also a former EAT user. Is there a way to reorder the columns in the sold items tab?

gdyson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 10:37:27 pm »
I am also a former user of EAT  and I do consignment sales. I am VERY happy with My Cost Pro, especially since they added in the consignor portion.  It has been a smooth transition!  Thank you, My Cost Pro! I found reseller genie tutorials very confusing and the prices were too high. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:45:30 pm by gdyson »

larful

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 12:55:18 pm »
i second GDYSON's opinion regarding MRG AND MCP!
Larry

achseh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 09:59:17 am »
I'm a former GoDaddy gal and while MCP doesn't do everything that GoDaddy did, I'm very happy with the functionality I have and can work with it.  Scott is WONDERFUL!

Nancy8710

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 04:02:24 am »
I understand the need for finding a suitable replacement for the Easy Auction Tracker. While it can be disappointing when a favorite tool or software becomes unavailable, there are often alternative options that can meet our needs just as effectively.

Visit my website - https://maxxcanna.co