Author Topic: Shipping API update - 10/27/2022  (Read 14007 times)

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Shipping API update - 10/27/2022
« on: October 28, 2022, 05:45:06 am »
Thursday evening we updated the source for shipping cost data to match changed made by eBay.  Let us know if you see any issues!

If you have recently had missing shipping information you can now reset your download duration and it should populate now.
  * Go to the Account Info / Settings tab
  * Input the number of days to go back to cover the missing shipping
  * Click the 'reset duration' button
  * re download your sales

SGARBER

• View Profile
Re: Shipping API update - 10/27/2022
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:40:55 pm »
I followed the instructions, and requested 12 days of "catch-up", then reran the download of sales.  I actually did this process twice, but none of the shipping costs were updated.  Then I tried the process, specifying 9 days of look-back.  If the shipping costs are the only column that needs to be updated, I will manually look up the postage costs for each sale for the missing items. 

intelanalyst78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 06:30:21 pm »
Mine is pulling the shipping paid to me, but not updating the actual shipping cost when purchased through EBAY.  I used to only have to pull this from PIRATESHIP manually.

No biggie..just wondering if it is only me.

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 06:06:39 pm »
Hi,
No, its not just you, we have multiple shipping related ebay developer support tickets open.  If you contact me at support@mycostpro.com I will make sure your specific issue is documented. 
Known issues with the new API:
- Bulk shipping is does not include transaction information, so it can not be tied to a specific sale.  It also returns as the TOTAL cost, not the individual shipping costs. For now we are returning BLANK for these shipments.
- NON bulk shipping (for a select few customers) also stopped returning the required information and is coming through as BLANK.
- Shipping source is randomly being returned incorrectly (UPS is displaying as USPS, and vice versa)  *MyCostPro servers are manually correcting this based on known tracking formats starting 11/7/22 19:00 central time*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:26:59 pm by Scott »

SGARBER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 08:05:46 am »
Scott - I thought I would add this, since I am not sure if this is the same as others are experiencing or not.  I found that the api returns the shipping charge for 2 out of my last 12 sales.  Seems odd, but perhaps this is common to others as well.  Can you verify that the shipping charges are the only field affected, or is other info missing (or incorrect)....or could it be missing some sales altogether?  Thanks for your help.

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 05:37:52 pm »
The only issues we are aware of are shipping related.
If you are NOT using bulk shipping for the shipping costs that are missing, please send me an email with your details at support@mycostpro.com

I am about to post an update to cover the issue related to BULK shipping.