Author Topic: Is it possible to Add a Match by UPC  (Read 14866 times)

Smarter

• View Profile
Is it possible to Add a Match by UPC
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:37:41 pm »
Is it possible to add a match by UPC? I know you currently have a match by SKU, but I order goods and receive manifests with the UPC and price.

If I could then copy my manifest, after culling out items not going on ebay, into the product master and then be able to match my product master with the ebay listing by UPC, it would make it much easier then going in and entering it one by one.
Currently the match is exact, so if my product master does not exactly match my ebay listing, then no price goes into the purchase column and I have to go through and manually add it. But with a UPC match it would pretty much be a no brainer. But I don't know if you have the ability to download that field from ebay since you don't currently do so.

This would make my use of your spreadsheet much much easier! But I still love all of the information it does give me!

Thanks, Ann

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Is it possible to Add a Match by UPC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 08:46:01 pm »
Hi,
I would have to have Hunter check, but I think it would be possible to get UPC data.
Although to make it automatically pull in data from the Product Master to the Sold item list based on that field it would require a new version of the spreadsheet to be rolled out to everyone, so we will add it to the potential new feature list for the next version.

I am curious, would it be helpful to use the SKU field and keep your UPC data in that field?  You could mass update them from the active item list if needed... It may not be what you were looking for, but I just wanted to see if it might work for you.

Smarter

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to Add a Match by UPC
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:25:18 am »
I know that would be simpler, but I use the custom sku field to enter the location I have the item. So if it is in bin A2 with #0823 on it, then that field says A2-0823. :) Keeps me from losing my mind and my items.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm hoping you can figure it out.

Ann