Author Topic: I just lost 34 days of data. Anybody know how to restore from Onedrive???  (Read 5654 times)

Suavepenguin

• View Profile
My copy of MyCostPro freaked out this morning, I must have bumped something, it got stuck in some weird spot, I was able to get it going with data from 4/10/2024, I don't see more current versions in OneDrive. I do auto saves, I should see more recent versions. I am potentially screwed here, I don't have paper docs to rebuild this....

Suavepenguin

• View Profile
And now, after manually restoring as much as possible, I open it up again, but I get a big screen that says "Chart Title", a bunch of colored boxes, and a message box saying "Microsoft Visual Basic" "Run-time error '1004':

Unable to set the DisplayHeadings propert of the Window Class

I need some help here.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 04:28:20 pm by Scott »

Suavepenguin

• View Profile
At this point, I can only open MyCostPro worksheet by starting Excel through Applications in Windows, then opening the version of MyCostPro stored on Onedrive. In otherwords, trying to open the worksheet from the Desktop icon gives me this error. I really can't have this happening, Scott can you help me out here? Thanks! I have rebuilt MOST of the file data, another hour it should be mostly there (lost 34 days worth of Inventory source/purchase dates, and I have 34 days worth of sold inventory still in my product master, and all Mileage and Expense records for the last 34 days are gone).

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Im not sure what I did but I accidentally replied directly in your message (some kind of admin thing...).
I removed it and will paste down here:

The Chart Title sounds like you hit the F11 key; in excel that key will make a new worksheet with a blank chart if you hit it with no data selected.  If you dont see the worksheet tabs because you are in the Full Screen mode, you can hit CTRL+Page UP and CTRL+Page Down to cycle through the worksheets.  Cycle to a sheet that has the full screen button at the top right, click it, and it will show the tab names, and you can right click and delete the new tab that was created in error.

Suavepenguin

• View Profile
Scott, you are the man! As usual, you saved the day for me! I knew I hit something, and you were right! Now to go delete those charts. Thanks again Scott!!