Author Topic: Shipping expense  (Read 12476 times)

Creeperkat

• View Profile
Shipping expense
« on: June 13, 2023, 09:33:43 pm »
When I add inventory to Product Master, I utilize the Purchase column for what I paid for the items and the Shipping column for what I paid for shipping.  I don't see this factored in on Sold Item list, all I see is the purchase price.  Is the shipping cost I PAID to receive the item included anywhere in Sold Item page?

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Shipping expense
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 09:32:16 pm »
Hi,
It will pull in the shipping from product master if there is no value returned from eBay in the API.
If there is any value returned, including $0.00, it will not pull in the value from the product master tab.  It will however pull in the shipping supplies column regardless, so if you want to be sure it pulls it in you could put the value in that cell.

I hope that helps.

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 02:10:31 pm »
Not sure if am following or not explaining right.  I have an item that I purchased (to resell) for $100, it cost me $5.00 to have it shipped.  My total expense is $105.  If I resell that item on eBay, I go to Sold Items tab and see $100 in column AJ (Item Purchase Price).  In what column do I see the $5.00 shipping cost I paid to have it shipped to me? 

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 04:34:10 pm »
That shipping column was intended as a standardized cost for you to ship the item to the customer, mainly for customers that ship outside of the eBay ecosystem, because they will not get the shipping information through the API.  So in that specific example, you could either put $105 directly into the purchase price, or put the additional $5 into the packaging column.  Does that make sense?

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 12:35:19 am »
Ok, that makes sense.  I went back and looked and noticed that the Packaging column shows in the expense section.  I will move my shipping cost into there. Thank you!