Author Topic: Returns/Refunds  (Read 25336 times)

etaf10@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Returns/Refunds
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »
Where can I go to enter/view refunds within the spreadsheet? I see a place for refunds in the P&L Statement tab,  but it's blank and I'm not seeing anywhere to manually enter refunds.

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Returns/Refunds
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 08:45:17 am »
Hi,
The refund column is hidden within the Expenses section.
You can expand it by clicking the "Click Layout Assist:" button so it indicates "ON".
Then you click the double triangle above the Expense category bookmark, and it will show all of the hidden columns.
To keep any of these columns as unhidden you can delete the "h" at the top of the column.  When you are ready to rehide the columns again, you click the double triangle again, and then turn OFF the click layout assist button.

I hope that helps.
Scott

etaf10@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 07:09:04 pm »
Thanks! So do I need to manually enter refunds?

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »
No, they will download.  If you download the sale BEFORE the return occurs, you can set the download date range to go back that far in the Account Info tab, and then it should update with the return amount.
Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

MCP-User

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »
I'm also trying to figure out how to do this and I looked under Navigate>Expense and also under Tools Settings> Edit Expense and don't see in either a button "Click Layout Assist:".

Thanks

Hi,
The refund column is hidden within the Expenses section.
You can expand it by clicking the "Click Layout Assist:" button so it indicates "ON".
Then you click the double triangle above the Expense category bookmark, and it will show all of the hidden columns.
To keep any of these columns as unhidden you can delete the "h" at the top of the column.  When you are ready to rehide the columns again, you click the double triangle again, and then turn OFF the click layout assist button.

I hope that helps.
Scott

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
The 'click layout assist' button is on the SOLD ITEM tab.  The refund is a per-line item cost (meaning it is tied to an individual sale or transaction).
The Expense tab is to account for expenses or fees that do not tie to a specific sale (for example, you had to pay for your warehouse rent, or if you want to record the monthly ebay store fee).

Let me know if I misunderstood your question or if I can help further!

MCP-User

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 10:58:46 pm »
Thanks Scott,

Found it with your help!

Since on a refund we also have to often pay return shipping fees would that amount be entered on that same page manually and if so in what field?

Thanks

MCP-User

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 11:29:16 pm »
Thanks Scott,

I've filled in how much I originally paid for product under the PRODUCT MASTER PAGE and clicked FILL IN MASTER PRODUCT DETAILS button.

When I look at my Refunds that are hidden on SOLD ITEM LIST PAGE it is populating the refund with the amount the customer originally paid for shipping and not the refund of the actual item.

A refund given a few weeks earlier is correctly showing for the item and shipping.

My question is, can I manually go in and edit this mistake and also add in return shipping fee from here?

If not how do I correct this?

Thanks

The 'click layout assist' button is on the SOLD ITEM tab.  The refund is a per-line item cost (meaning it is tied to an individual sale or transaction).
The Expense tab is to account for expenses or fees that do not tie to a specific sale (for example, you had to pay for your warehouse rent, or if you want to record the monthly ebay store fee).

Let me know if I misunderstood your question or if I can help further!

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 05:31:43 am »
Yes MCP-User you can change any of those values if the value coming from eBay is not correct.  It sounds like it might just be a fluke if all of the other ones are correct.  If you add the return shipping to any of the expense (red) or fee (red) columns, it will subtract from your profit accordingly. 
I hope this helps!

MCP-User

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »
Thanks much Scott, always appreciated.

Since sellers often have to absorb the cost for item to be returned, where would we enter that fee?

Thanks again.

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 07:14:18 pm »
If you mean you refund but do not get the item returned back, you would leave it filled in the cost of goods sold in the expense section (same as if the item had been sold normally).  Also any abnormal expenses tied to the return or refund can be entered anywhere in the expense section and it will calculate the profit/loss appropriately.

Let me know if I need to clarify any of this...