Author Topic: Additional information and feature  (Read 14821 times)

SGARBER

• View Profile
Additional information and feature
« on: May 12, 2020, 03:38:31 pm »
First, let me thank you for the effort you made to help me with some past requests.  For example, some time ago, I had requested you add "Listing Start Date" to the MyCostPro spreadsheet.  The problem with giving your audience (pesty folks like me) what they want is that they keep coming back begging for more.  That is what I am doing now. 

Because you did such a great job adding that to the "SoldList", I am wondering if you could add that column to the "ActiveList"?  My reason is that I really care most about knowing when an active item was listed, rather than when a sold item was listed.  I want to make decisions about repricing items, which is really not an issue with sold items. 

My next request is this:  Because I do not know what data elements are available in the Ebay API you are using, I don't know if a "Date Last Price Change" field is available for each active listing.  If it is, could that column be added to the "ActiveList"?  If so, that would be very helpful. 

Feature Request:  I would like to use the "New BIN Price" column in a way you likely never intended.  I would like to calculate new pricing (or paste some new prices) in bulk rather than one listing at a time, however that column does not seem to allow calculations or pasting.  An example of what I would like to do is to drop all prices by 5%.  If I could enter a formula into that cell, that would be possible. 

Hoping my explanations above make sense, and it is possible someone else has already requested this functionality, but I wanted to ask. 

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Additional information and feature
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 04:45:37 pm »
Hopefully this is going to be the easiest feature request reply ever... 
The listing date should be there already labeled as "Start Time" on the active item tab.

Sorry to say, the last price change date is not available, but if you are updating them from within MyCostPro you could use one of the extra columns available to record this yourself...

And lastly, you can edit the prices in bulk via formula, I think maybe the problem is you might have the "Click Layout Assist" button set to ON.  That feature prevents copying and pasting items.  Please double check that it is set to OFF when you arent using it.
To enter the formula you would do it the same as always in excel for example if your current price was in cell A1,  you would put the formula =round(A1*0.95,2)
In this case since it is currency, to avoid any issues with the upload you would also want to hard round the number to two decimals which is what the round does.

SGARBER

• View Profile
Re: Additional information and feature
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 06:59:03 am »
Thanks Scott.  I certainly did not expect your solutions to be so instantaneous.  I really appreciate it. 

Steve