Author Topic: New version released - 12/31/17 - Available now!  (Read 22126 times)

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
New version released - 12/31/17 - Available now!
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:21:23 pm »
We have new feature update, the new file is available as of the time of this post (12/31/2017):
In this update:

MyCostPro
 * Added new Performance Snapshot and Snapshot list screens.  These allow you to add filters to break down your sales by date ranges, keywords, SKU, buyer's State
    - Once the data is filtered it automatically populates data-graphics to show off the status of your sales for that period of time.
    - Automatically generates data-graphics are populated for your highest profit, and highest ROI% items.  Copy these to the clipboard with a single button click to easily show off to your peers on Social Media!
    - Useful to summarize the total sales for particular states (which is information that you will need at tax time)
 * Added setting to the Account Information tab that will allow you to choose between Oldest to newest, or Newest to oldest on the sold item tab.

Download the update now at -->  https://mycostpro.com/download

We have a NEW YEAR'S PROMOTION to go with the update!
For the entire month of January 2018 we are offering to refund anybody's monthly fee ($5.99 value) that uses the new feature to share content on Social Media!  The details are below:
1. Use one or more of the graphics from the new Performance Snapshot screen and share it to any Social Media site to the applicable category.
  - Example, on Facebook, share it to any one of the reseller, or ebay Facebook groups
2. Type a short post about one of the following:
  - Your New Year's goals as an eBay seller
  - Details or insight about the sale the picture is based on
or
  - A description of Mycostpro in your own words if you think other sellers might find it useful
Note:  You can include your affiliate coupon code if you are an affiliate member, or "14FREE" if you want them to try the free trial.

3. Include a hyperlink to https://mycostpro.com or (even better) set the image to be a clickable hyperlink to https://mycostpro.com
4. Email a link where we can find the post to Scott@mycostpro.com - subject: 2018 NEW YEAR PROMOTION ENTRY, so that I can process your $5.99 refund.
  - Include your download key in the email so I can easily identify you.
Note:  Annual payment subscribers will receive 1/12th of their annual payment as a refund ($5)

Post here or email me if you have any questions!  Thanks!

Email deadline: Midnight (central time) January 31, 2018
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:54:35 am by Scott »

Didi

• View Profile
Re: New version released - 12/31/17 - Available now!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 05:48:38 pm »
I posted a question right before this, how do I start a new sheet for the new year?  Should I open the new one in the new format and leave 2017 alone?  I just want to make sure I don't delete anything.  I really don't know what I am doing!  Thanks!

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:52:50 am »
Hi,
Good question.
Its really up to you, you can open the new sheet and transfer the previous years sales (follow the instructions on the account information tab) and keep everything in one place...
OR
You can open a new sheet and only start downloading new sales starting with 2018 (keep them separate).

Personally I keep my sales combined because the reports will automatically separate the data by year, but if you are a high volume seller it may be more efficient to keep separate sheets for each year (your preference).

Let me know if you need further assistance on this topic.

Fireworks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:31:26 pm »
How is one suppose to download the new update.

Thought there should be a link here on this post.

Thanks

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:54 am »
Hi,
You can download the most up-to-date version at any time by visiting -->  https://mycostpro.com/download
You will need to input your userID and download key.

Click below to see animated instructions from once you get to the download page -->
https://mycostpro.com/images/tutorial5.gif

MCP-User

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:28:06 pm »
Thanks much Scott! Will post but no discount on next purchase necessary as I love the software.

Have also used GoDaddy's version and much prefer MyCost Pro.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:49:22 pm »
Thanks for the kind words MCP-User!!  Happy New Year!

wheelndeal007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:58 am »
I'm sure you guys have all gone thru this but let me try to get caught up to speed.
1. 2018 new year, do i download a brand new 2018 mycostpro and archive my old one?  I read something about a new page, does that mean keep my old one open and open a new tab?  If so how?  I'd perfer to start new with only 2018 sales and data.
2. I am not sure if it's a possibility or maybe someone has or knows of an easier way, i get that on the soldlist their a place to enter how much you purchased the item for, but for me this seems backwards and not forward thinking.  and maybe another tab is easier to do like the product master, but my problem is this every item i buy is 1 time sale item not a bulk item that i have thousands of items of the same item.  So when i list an item i use this as a reference number for everything the item ID is the key for me on each item and i put this ID on the pics associated with the item on my PC.  In my crazy mind to me a row in the active item list in front of the item number i'd like to have this row specific for the actual purchase price.  If not it is really hard for me to reference another page when determining how much to drop the price to be more competitive or to try to move an item faster.  Because if the items actual purchase price isn't on the same page as the active list then it takes me too long to determine what sale price to drop the item so i know if i'm going to make money or lose money on the sale.  Once sold it's too late to make this determination and at that point i'm just plugging in numbers after the sale is complete hoping i make money.  I'd rather know on the active page not after it's sold.

Rather than question 2 i love the product just wish it was more integrated on the active page and not on some obscure product master page that really doesn't work for users with 1 time sales items and  not bulk items.

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 04:34:25 pm »
Hi,
Since it sounds like you are a high volume seller, it is better in my opinion to start a new sheet, although it is not required.  You can keep the same sheet year over year, and it will automatically separate out the data for the reports by month/year, but over time the sheet will become very large and may slow down.

To transfer your data to a new (updated) version of the sheet.
1. Save the old MyCostPro to an empty folder (this will make it easier)
2. Save the new MyCostPro into the same folder
3. Open only the old mycostpro, go to the account info tab, and click step 1.  This will create a backup file, and rename the file ..._old".  Copy the download key to the clipboard.  Close the file.
4. Open only the newly downloaded mycostpro file, put in the download key, go to the account info tab.  Click step 2, wait up to several minutes.  It will prompt with a new message box (with OK confirm button) when it is finished.
Let me know if you have any trouble.

Because the Active Item tab is a "real time" snapshot (when it is updated) of what you currently have listed, it would lose any data that you had input on items as they came and went from the active item query... but you can use this bulk data in order to quickly populate the Product Master tab (which is permanent)...

Can you check the below instructions and see if this will help with your process?  If you still want some change just let me know over on the "Feature Request" section of this forum so you and other users can hammer out the details with me to make it as effective as possible before implementation.

Updating your inventory COGS (quickly) to the Product Master tab:

1. On the Active Listing tab, set the "CLICK LAYOUT ASSIST BUTTON" to "OFF"  (You cannot copy and paste while it is set to "on")
2. On the Active listing tab, highlight the range of item names with left click (hold down, drag to select, let go of left click when selection is complete).
3. Right click on that selection and select "COPY"... or hit CTRL-C (keyboard shortcut for copy)
4. Go to your product detail page, select (single left click) the top cell where you want the product names to go.
5. Right click and select PASTE-SPECIAL, and then select VALUES ONLY.  (The "Values only" option for PASTE will prevent the formatting from changing, keeping everything looking as it should)
Again, let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks!