Author Topic: Basic Inventory List  (Read 22166 times)

2southpaws

• View Profile
Basic Inventory List
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:08:34 pm »
I just started my free trial and I am blown away by the features in MyCostPro. It is so nice to have direct connectivity to eBay for keeping track of income and expenses, plus the other tracking features.

I'm wondering, though, if there is a way to be able to also just keep a basic log of inventory as we source it. We sell collectibles and so most of our items are one-time purchases/sales sourced mainly from estate sales, thrift stores, and garage sales. We also do consignment sales, which are also unique, one-time listings. Right now I have a separate spreadsheet for entering inventory as we source it (items, our cost, where we bought it, date purchased), but it would be best if we could keep this in the MyCostPro spreadsheet so I don't have to access multiple files.

I see that the spreadsheet does have a product detail tab (product master) but it seems that this tab is geared toward products that are sold frequently.

Also, we are currently selling on eBay only but may branch out into Amazon at some point in the future. Will MyCostPro be of any use for us there? It would be nice to be able to keep everything in one inventory management system.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Larissa

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Basic Inventory List
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:03:54 pm »
Thanks for the kind remarks!  While the product master tab may be more necessary for sellers that resell the same items over and over, it can also be utilized as a means to record your purchase details for single (unique) items.  Let me know if you have trouble with it after playing around with it a bit. 
Currently MyCostPro only supports the eBay platform, in the long term  future we may consider expanding if the demand is present in our customer base.
I hope this helps!

2southpaws

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:22:58 pm »
Great, thanks for your reply, Scott! I will let you know if I have any more questions.

Larissa

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 08:51:23 pm »
I am a similar seller as 2southpaws as all of my items are one time purchases of collectibles and I don't restock. I would like an easy way to view what inventory I still have that has not sold.  To manage the inventory better, is the recommedation to use Product Name Unique?  Could I just make the item title and the Product Name the same?   I already use unique SKUs for each of my items. 

I appreciate you answering all my questions Scott.  I've been trying to research as much as I can on these forums before asking queztions. Hopefully the answers help other users getting familiar wiith MyCostPro. 

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 09:46:06 pm »
Creeperkat,
Do you specifically want to view inventory that is NOT listed?  If you want to view inventory that has not SOLD but has been LISTED you would use the Active Items tab.

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 09:53:14 pm »
I am looking to view items that are still in my inventory because I have not listed or it did not sell. 

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 05:52:59 am »
Then yes, the product master tab is the way to do it.  If you keep using the unique SKU system, then the COGS (etc) will automatically populate to the sold item tab when it sells.

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 09:00:17 am »
Hello,

Revisiting this for some guidance.  I have two items that I put in my PRODUCT MASTER with unique SKUs.  I listed them on eBay and they did not sell.  The items showed on UNSOLD LIST as expected.  I used eBay relist option and lowered the price.  The items sold and now show on both SOLD LIST and the UNSOLD LIST. It is also still listed on Product Master.  Any suggestions on how to keep accurate track of inventory still in stock? I could use ACTIVE items but what if I have items that are NOT currently listed on eBay?

Scott

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 04:49:47 pm »
Hi,
The reason it needs to show up on both sold list and unsold list, is when you relisted to sell it wont have captured any fees lost on the original listing.  The Unsold list should capture those fees.
This may not be an issue for you (if you have free insertions, etc).

The active item as a basis, with some user additions would be the best way to know your current inventory I would think.
Let me know if you have some other ideas about this...

Creeperkat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 11:21:24 am »
Maybe add a Qty column to Master Product page then when items sell, it reduces the quantity by 1? User can use drop down filters to filter by quantity.