Author Topic: Multiple Item Orders  (Read 18146 times)

agrasty

• View Profile
Multiple Item Orders
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »
Hi,

Something I noticed... This occurs if a buyer purchases more than one type of item in a transaction.  eBay usually assigns a parent sales record number but each of the items in the main order also have their own sales record.  I have one such order and for some reason the sales record shows up wrong, and there's only 1 entry for the buyer on the sheet and it shows like a qty of 2 for one of the items...and the other is missing. Hard to explain I guess.  Total purchase price and everything is correct. But if there's a way that if the buyer purchases more than one unique item that the transactions have separate entries. Not a biggie, just something I noticed.

Thanks a bunch :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:43:53 pm by agrasty »

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Multiple Item Orders
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:54:38 pm »
Please email me the item number-transaction number so I can investigate :)

agrasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:36:26 pm »
I think I figured out what happened on this by looking at the sales spreadsheet downloaded from ebay's file exchange and crossing it with MCP.  What I noticed is that for transactions where buyer orders more than one item in a single transaction - there is an "order id" and under that order id each item has it's item number-transaction number. But when imported into MCP, the order id is pulled and picked up in scientific notation.

Also, I noticed that for some reason i had one item where on ebay's file exchange the transaction id was in scientific notation so that is the item I mentioned was missing from MCP that I added manually and it later was overridden when I downloaded more sales.  I figured that part out too...if you create manual entries you have to add the item number-transaction id which is a unique value -- i had that field hidden so I forgot to enter it (plus you don't see it unless you are looking at a file exchange document)...but once I figured that out and added it back, the entry now sticks.

So some of this problem is probably bad info coming from ebay - I'm overwhelmingly impressed with this spreadsheet - just trying to figure it all out :) Thanks again - I just wanted to update you with my findings.

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:10:10 pm »
Great to hear!  I have a feeling you might be able to help new users out a bit if you stick around on these forums.  You are going to be a PRO in no time!

agrasty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 07:39:56 pm »
Awesome! Glad to pitch in where I can.  :) -- That actually happens to me a lot LOL