Author Topic: Global Shipping Charge Vs. Actual Shipping Received  (Read 14245 times)

penguin2111

• View Profile
Global Shipping Charge Vs. Actual Shipping Received
« on: February 10, 2021, 08:24:34 pm »
Hi,

I sold an item through eBay's Global Shipping Program. The seller paid $219.23 for shipping through the GPS program, but the amount you receive is always way lower than what GPS charges the customer. In my case, I was given about ~$40.00 to ship the item (to Kentucky).

I believe for the accounting to be correct, it the "Shipping" tab should show the $40 amount and not the $219.23 amount, because that isn't actual income that an eBay seller receives; that's what eBay receives.

To make this example clear:
I sold a chair for $400 to another country through GPS. I was given a credit for ~$40.00 to ship to Kentucky (where eBay takes control of the item and ships it Internationally). The buyer paid $400 + $219.23 for the chair, minus my fees, the spreadsheet thinks that my revenue for this chair was $600+. In actuality, the total revenue should be a lot closer to $400+$40, since the $40 is what I actually receive as a shipping credit through GPS.

Hopefully I worded that in a way that is understandable. I am not sure if I have my spreadsheet setup wrong, if I need to manually change GPS sales in the excel sheet, or if this is something that can be changed in future versions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Global Shipping Charge Vs. Actual Shipping Received
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:25:03 pm »
Hi,
Ebay recently changed their APIs and we switched over to the new ones.  This seems to be the way they are sending the data now, but we can certainly dig into it to see if there is a way to get the local leg of shipping only.

Thanks for letting us know.
Scott

batman

• View Profile
Re: Global Shipping Charge Vs. Actual Shipping Received
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:57:28 pm »
I sell a lot though the global ship program so this completely throws off my numbers.