Author Topic: Ability to input cost of goods of live listings.  (Read 17448 times)

Sean F

• View Profile
Ability to input cost of goods of live listings.
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:17:45 pm »
Currently I have to add cost of goods after they have sold. It would be really helpful to be able to add cost of goods when you list your items and updated them on the spreadsheet. This would prevent me from have to go back to find out how much I paid for an item. Thanks!

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Ability to input cost of goods of live listings.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 05:36:27 pm »
Hi,
You can update all of your active listings into the Product Master tab, and they will auto populate to the Sold Item tab when the item sells.
Just follow these steps:

0. On the Active Listing tab, click the button to query your Active Items

1. On the Active Listing tab, set the "CLICK LAYOUT ASSIST BUTTON" to "OFF"  (You cannot copy and paste while it is set to "on")

2. On the Active listing tab, highlight the range of item names with left click (hold down, drag to select, let go of left click when selection is complete).

3. Right click on that selection and select "COPY"... or hit CTRL-C (keyboard shortcut for copy)

4. Go to your product detail page, select (single left click) the top cell where you want the product names to go.

5. Right click and select PASTE-SPECIAL, and then select VALUES ONLY.  (The "Values only" option for PASTE will prevent the formatting from changing, keeping everything looking as it should)

Post here if you have any trouble!  Thanks!

Done.

thelittlegirlsstore.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »
Is it possible to add a column to the active listings page, so everything is on the same page

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »
No, but let me explain why: 
The Active Listing tab is a "temporary" table.  Meaning that as soon as you click the button to refresh, it will replace what was there with what you have as "Active" Listings (now, as of when you clicked refresh).

The Product Master tab is a permanent table, so once it is created there it will keep the record... this is why the cost of goods need to go on that tab.