Author Topic: product master details not filling in  (Read 12801 times)

andrewsoto89

• View Profile
product master details not filling in
« on: October 04, 2022, 12:47:48 pm »
Hi,

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up but sometimes this feature works for me and other times not.

EDIT* I just found an old post and sent my file to support email.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 12:53:17 pm by andrewsoto89 »

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: product master details not filling in
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 05:39:00 am »
That listing description contains a tilde ( ~ ) which is a special character in excel used to deal with other special characters...
Long story short, excel ignores ~, so if you want it to see it you need to put two of them back to back in the product master tab.

Like this:
ORIGINAL --> Hot Sauce Habanero Flavor ( Pack of 8 ) 12 oz ~ USA SELLER
CHANGED --> Hot Sauce Habanero Flavor ( Pack of 8 ) 12 oz ~~ USA SELLER  (change in product master tab)

The other option would be to use the SKU to match the product master to the sold items, instead of the listing description, but putting in the double tilde in the product master tab is a pretty quick fix.

More information about tilde for those that are interested, from a user on the microsoft support forms:
The tilde is the "escape" character for special and wildcard characters (meaning placing it before a such a character makes that character a normal character). So, since the tilde is itself a special character, put one in front of it makes it a normal character. So, use two tilde characters (~~) instead of one when you want to find a single tilde.
Modify message