Author Topic: Listing Invetory  (Read 16572 times)

HopefulHanger

• View Profile
Listing Invetory
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
I'm new to using MyCostPro and wondering what the ideal/best practice is for when you purchase inventory - do you first list it on the product tab and if so, once you list it on ebay, how does the information you already entered about the item get matched w/ the active item in order for the price, sourcing and date purchased to all be matched up?

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Listing Invetory
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:59:20 am »
Hi,
If you create Product Master entries when the item sells it is matched by the Listing Description. 
One tool that you may find useful is that you can quickly populate the product master listing descriptions by copying them from the Active Item tab (if the items are already listed).

I hope that helps!

Langner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:00:28 am »
Hi Scott, how do you copy the product master listing info exactly? It might be that I'm looking at an item that doesn't have the info though. Please excuse the newbiness.

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 11:27:16 am »
Langner,
Since that last post, we have made it even easier to match the Product Master to the Sold Items through the use of a SKU.

That way you dont need to match the item description exactly...
Also note that you can add SKU to items that you have already listed, using the Active Item section in MyCostPro.

If you still prefer to match the sold items to Product Master using the Item Description, you can get the exact matching item description from the Active Item tab as well... just make sure "Click Layout Assist" is set to OFF, and you can copy and paste the descriptions between the Active Item and Product Master tabs.

I hope that helps!
Scott