Author Topic: Help! Problems saving file!  (Read 19504 times)

2southpaws

• View Profile
Help! Problems saving file!
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:16:58 pm »
Hi Scott,

I keep encountering problems when trying to save the file. I get an error that says "Can't save your changes. Your file wasn't saved because we can't merge your changes with changes from someone else."

It gives me two options: "save a copy" or "discard my changes"

I'm the only person using this spreadsheet. I have it saved in the OneDrive cloud. How can I fix this problem?

One other note: I'm fairly certain this only happens when I open the file from my OneDrive folder on my computer. If I open Excel first and then click on the "open" option within Excel, it doesn't do this.

Thanks in advance.

Larissa

2southpaws

• View Profile
Re: Help! Problems saving file!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:21:54 pm »
UPDATE: for now, I just saved a copy so I could shut down my computer. After saving the copy, I received another (different) message about problems uploading to the server.

See attached screenshot.

Thanks for you help.

Scott

• Administrator
  • https://mycostpro.com
    • View Profile
    • MyCostPro
Re: Help! Problems saving file!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:28:56 am »
Hi,
Sorry youre having trouble.  Im not exactly sure because that sounds like an issue with OneDrive (as opposed to something wrong with the sheet), but I did a little research:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/file-changes-couldnt-be-merged/99efc208-885f-4df7-af2d-529d9a34af6e?page=7&auth=1

There were two solutions given to someone that posted on microsoft's website with a similar issue.
I would try the 2nd one first ("repair" office).
To run the repair you go to the uninstall section in windows and click office and choose repair (the button should be next to uninstall).

Let me know how it turns out, ill see what else I can do if those dont work!